What should you expect during a treatment session?
Questions regarding the reason for your visit, health history, prior treatments and what result have been obtained in the past.
Assessment of the alignment of your hips, joints of your spine, ribs and tone of your muscles.These are essential to find out if there are any aspects of the work that may be contraindicated and what treatments will be the most beneficial for you.
- Hands on work usually lasts approximately 45 minutes
- Bowen and Finch Therapy can be applied through loose clothing or directly on skin.
- After your alignment has been assessed you will be asked to perform very small “exercises” or muscle activation techniques ( MAT’s) for certain muscles to improve your alignment, and decrease tightness in your ribs, spine and muscles.
- Your muscles will then be relaxed further by application of Bowen Therapy which is a very relaxing non oil treatment using holding points and rolls across muscles, tendons and ligaments to help hydrate the muscles and connective tissue, release adhesions and aid in returning the body to its natural balance. Leading to improved bodily function, pain relief and enhanced health and well being.
- After work has been completed on certain areas of your body there is a 2 minute pause before more work is undertaken. This allows your body time to assimilate the work and your muscles to relax. In most sessions work will be done on your back, neck shoulders and hamstrings with additional work been added in depending on your symptoms.
- During a treatment most people experience a sense of relaxation and release of tension.
After your treatment it will be recommended that you
- Return for a follow up within 5-10 days ( 7 being ideal)
- Leave at least 3 – 4 days between any other hands on therapy you may be getting
- Stand up and walk around if you are sitting for longer than half an hour on the day of treatment.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water throughout the day during the course of your treatment.
- Occasionally people can feel detoxification reactions, these can include
- Aching muscles
- Minor changes in elimination
- Mild headaches
- Mild nausea
- To encourage the elimination of toxins without negative symptoms it is recommended to: Increase water intake and walk 30 minutes each day to encourage function of your lymphatic system. Symptoms will only occur if there is unnecessary materials stored in your body. Your body functions more effectively when these toxins have been released.
here to edit.